Ingredient of the week - Bell
What are Bell Peppers:
They are related to chili peppers, tomatoes, and breadfruit, all of which are native to Central and South America. Also called sweet peppers or capsicums, bell peppers can be eaten either raw or cooked.
Fresh, raw bell peppers are mainly composed of water (92%). The rest is carbs and small amounts of protein and fat.
The main nutrients in 100 grams of raw, red bell peppers are:
- Calories: 31
- Water: 92%
- Protein: 1 gram
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Sugar: 4.2 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Fat: 0.3 grams
Bell peppers are very high in vitamin C, with a single one providing up to 169% of the RDI. Other vitamins and minerals in bell peppers include vitamin K1, vitamin E, vitamin A, folate, and potassium.
1. Anemia Prevention
2. Lowers Cholesterol / Reduces heart problems
3. Packed with Vitamins and micro-nutrients that act as anti-ageing agent
4. Excellent source of Vitamin C, Great for eyes among other things
Key usage:Bell peppers are a popular addition to many dishes. They also make a great snack on their own.
People can also cook peppers by:
- Roasting: Remove the core of seeds from the peppers and slice or keep them whole. Roast in a small amount of oil in the oven. If the skin blackens, remove the bell pepper from the oven and place it in a plastic bag to cool to help remove the skin.
- Frying: Fry sliced peppers in a frying pan or wok with some oil, or add them to a stir-fry.
- Grill: After de-seeding, brush peppers with olive oil and a little salt and place on the grill.
- Stuffed peppers: Hollow out a pepper by taking out the core, and then fill with a mixture of beans, cooked rice, tomato, and seasoning before baking in the oven until tender. any type of meat works well here, too.
- Puree: Make a dip by pureeing roasted peppers with garlic, capers, herbs, oil, and lemon juice.
People can also add sliced peppers to pizza toppings before cooking. They can add them to an omelet or put them into a sandwich or wrap.
How to order:
1. Go to OnlyHydroponics-Bell-Peppers
2. Order Bell Peppers along with other items
3. Apply Coupon "BELL30" to get 30% discount on Bell Peppers.